This one is later than I hoped, but by the time it comes out on Monday everyone will have seen the first episode of the new Jon-Benet docuseries.
iTunes reviews are important because they can bring new listeners to a show. I had two AWESOME reviews recently and I want to read both of them.
Five stars, by Cookie121955
New but you’re off to an awesome start!
One star, by jkl5876
Needs improvement: I listen to all the true crime podcasts I find, and was excited to see this new one. After listening to it , I was disappointed. The narrator talks in a monotone voice with no emotion. He tells only snippets of stories and doesnt make the stories of interest at all. It may help if you only do one case per show , have more detail about the victim, the trial , etc. Maybe if you had 2 hosts on the show , you could discuss it and it’s sound more interesting. Sorry for the low review. I’ll try it again sometime to see if it improves. Best wishes.
News is going to be an update on two or three recent cases.
Video showing Victoria alive and having fun:
Kelley “held her hand over” Victoria’s mouth as Gonzales “committed the sexual act” while Martens watched, the complaint said. According to the document, “Michelle stated she watched this … happen for sexual gratification.”
That information comes from the criminal complaint, embedded below.
Yust has a history of physical assault and death threats, as exemplified by the 2011 incident described in the police report below:
The name of this segment may change, and I’m open to suggestions, but it’s going to be either a concept from criminal law, a resource used by attorneys or investigators, or something similar.
Felony murder rule
Anyone involved in committing a crime may be charged for any unlawful homicide committed during the course of that crime; if a bank robber kills an employee the getaway driver can be charged with the murder too.
Christopher Allen Zahl
- Missing from Holmdel, New Jersey since May 13, 1994
- Defrosting Cold Cases post where I found this case
- National Missing Persons Directory entry on Chris Zahl
- NamUS entry on Chris Zahl
The Mystery Writers of America NY Chapter newsletter issue found by Defrosting Cold Cases and mentioned in this episode is embedded below. The section in question is located on page 6:
I encoded this week’s episode in a lower bitrate, 64 kbps instead of the usual 320 kbps. File size should be markedly lower, but if you notice that audio quality is also lower, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch at one of the social networks below.
Please leave reviews if you can, and at iTunes if possible. Criticism, even if it’s harsh, is welcome as long as it’s constructive. Thanks for listening.
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/truecrimereview
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/truecrimerev
- Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/truecrimereview
- Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/user/330734453/True-Crime-Review
- Intro and outro use clips from “Our Planet is Lost” by Entropy Audio on their record Cyber Sol. Find them at http://entropyaudio.bandcamp.com.
- Creepy voice in intro synthesized by text-to-speech service Acapela-Box. Find them at http://acapela-box.com.
- Production editing and mixing is done in Audacity. Find it at http://www.audacityteam.org/.
- Post-production processing magic is by Auphonic. Find them at http://auphonic.com.
- Background music from Jukedeck – create your own at http://jukedeck.com.